Tuesday, September 26, 2006

(m = rise/run)

Perpetually late, every morning involves rushing my six-year-old. I’ve got nobody to blame for us being behind schedule, but yet make him feel responsible.

My dad would do the same crap to me.

Once out the door, six minutes past 8, the trek to elementary school involves a walk up two long Park Slope blocks. Awhile back I figured out a way to trick him into keeping up with my brisk pace.

I talk to him.

I told you I was the best dad ever.

As we locked up the apartment, he randomly recounted a conversation from school where someone told him Yoda was dead.

Yoda, I imagine, came up in elementary-school conversation when Celo brought up how we spent the weekend dueling with lightsabers in the park. (Best Dad Ever)

This provided an opportunity to recount the events of Empire Stikes Back on the hurried trip to school. I threw in the Battle of Hoth, Jedi Training, Cloud City, Vader’s Horrific Revelation and the Carbonite-ization of Han Solo for padding.

In case you’re doubting my Best Dad Ever status at this point I can assure you he’s seen The Original Trilogy before, but admittedly not as many times as he should.

In other school news, I found out yesterday the school’s award winning chess team was disbanded this year for a loss of Title 1 Funding. This makes no sense to me.

The PTA is working on raising funds for a coach. One parent was telling me they’re trying to hire the old coach who wants like $16,000 for the year. Seems we could maybe get a cheaper coach…

2 Comments:

At 8:25 PM, Blogger train said...

i'll do it for ten thousand. and you know how good of a cheese player i am. i love cheese. i can eat it by itself for hours on end. no joke.

 
At 10:17 PM, Blogger Mr. M/R and sometimes F said...

Hmmm...cheese. 10 grand'll buy a lot of cheese.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home